Tongaat control field of N41 (also please see relevant e‐mail from Tom C Trollip).
Please note that that owing to a miscommunication the sprayed field (2,5 ha) of a 5ha field was cut and mixed with the control (other half ‐ 2,5ha ‐ of the mentioned 5ha Field) and the results tested and given back by the mill is that of the mixed product. With a clean test at the mill the results will obviously be MUCH better, although the mixed result is already a substantially better result than was initially expected.
The results of the treated sugar cane translated into the following:
- Sucrose in the treated sugar cane increased with 19.4%
- Non Sucrose in treated sugar cane decreased with 66%
- Tonnage/yield per ha increased with 65%
- Brix value increased with 2 points
- N (Nitrogen) application decreased with 44%